Monday, January 25, 2021

lifestyle ❤️

 Hello!

As promised here’s a post about my gyaru lifestyle and what gal means to me! Inspired by my bby Lizzie and her gyaru lifestyle video! i put the link to it there so you should go watch and subscribe if you haven’t already!
I’ve tried to write this post so many times but just keep rambling on and on, so I might make a follow up post bc I just have SO much to say

But I’m trying this again in list format so hopefully I stay on track!

Let’s go 

1) my room! my room is my favourite place ever bc i’ve just packed it full of everything i love, it does get cluttered easily bc i’ve gone to ott with my decorating but here’s my shelves! it’s my favourite part

i also have the hibi wall decorations over my bed with my super gals and eurobeat poster i made!

plus my pink leopard print sheets are an update to my room i was super happy to make

sometime soon i wanna update it by adding loads of keroppi decorations too! 

2) Paraparai don’t have much free time atm but when i get home or before i leave for work in the morning i’ve been trying to get a dance practice in

hopefully i can learn a routine with my friends when we finallyyyy get to have the sleepover we want to

And speaking of work! I get to wear what I want to so I always try to add at least something cute to my outfit even if it’s just a hair bow and accessories, I’m always pulling inspo from ruipo 

3) Tan routine! i’ve been using gradual tanning lotions rather than fake tan recently and really enjoying it

 just taking the time and effort into my routine to maintain it makes me feel like it’s a lifestyle point more than an aesthetic point

and those are the things i want to focus on! so even when i take off the makeup and hair and clothes i can still FEEL gal

i want to be a gal with no makeup on, not take off my makeup and suddenly there’s no gal elements in my life or appearance anymore if that makes sense

4) Nails! This follows from my last point about things that make me really feel gal in my day to day, i adore looking at nail inspo and can’t wait for lockdown to be over so i can get my next set!! 

i’m gonna get something even more sparkly next time 

i did order stuff to learn to do my own but it’s still not here, i think it’s lost in the post at this point 


5) Hibi tattooooo! i got it as motivation and as a stamp of new life for me, gal life 

i’m so happy that i found gyaru and i never want to leave it behind, so now a little bit will always be with me for life 

6) Blogging! my blog has been hugeeee motivation for me to keep getting better, especially keeping up to date with everyone else’s blogs and getting inspo from all you beauties 

i really love it! I feel bad I don’t comment or interact with peoples posts enough bc I mainly sneaky read them while at work since I’m on 6 days a week now, but I’ll try to do better with that and show more love

finally 7) once covid is over i can meet up with friends again, do shopping trips, have sleepovers, go out to clubs with my friends again, and drink vodka in parks with sasha again which is sad to say the part i miss the most 

i think just being able to be out in the world again will make me feel more gal, being stuck inside all dressed up honestly just makes me feel like a poser 

but atleast i got to practice my make and outfits at home without looking a hot mess outside! 

Hopefully I can add more little things to my life to jazz it up a bit over time but it’s a journeyI’m saving up for a new phone case too! I want either rilakkuma or keroppi, like this!


Now here’s the rambles, feel free to skip this part bc it’s gonna be wordy 

i keep typing this part out bc i don’t really know how to explain and get my thoughts out but i’ll try my best!

i’ve said it before but it really feels like gyaru has given me a new life, but also given me my life back

when i’ve worn fairy kei or the other styles i did before, i always felt like i had to hide or be ashamed of some aspect of me whether it was my personality, my interests, looks i wanted to try, things like that.

i just didn’t feel like i ever really fit in as a person with what I envisioned for my goals in fairy kei as a style and was super self conscious about it, no one in any community did anything to make me feel like that, it was just on my mind a lot

 but i never feel like i have to do any of that with gyaru, it feels like i’m adding things to my life that i love instead of taking anything away. It makes me so happy and it’s why I want to put in as much effort as possible to make it part of my life every day! I’m getting my attitude and carefree energy of just wanting to have a good time back, and I LOVE it 

I definitely think there’s a difference between only wearing gyaru and BEING a gal. And I want to try my hardest to be the latter. I love seeing how everyone makes it part of their life in different ways and with different aesthetics, but all still under the same umbrella 


That was a super long one and I’ll probably make another post like this when I fit my one year mark since I cut out a lot from this one 

I tried to make it as shorty as I could, so if you’ve read this far thank you!!

See you in my next post ~

Byeeeee

P.s. I’m making a set of Kumatan prints to go on the wall at work, the obsession is never ending 



8 comments:

  1. Aaaaah I'm so happy that I inspired you! It's really interesting how you live your gyaru life. I too wanna start doing parapara more (my goal was to do it daily but... so far it's once a week hahahaha).

    And omg, the last section... I'm so happy that you found out about gal because it's SO YOU OMG. Like. I can't picture you NOT being gal!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you’re always inspiring me!! thank you so so much lovely ;-; <33
      good luck with your parapara practicing!! i’ve been slacking on it too recently but atleast we try XD

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for this post. I love how you keep gal in your life all 24 hours of the day. I do the same thing! And I feel you on having dressed in other jfashion. I never felt 100% in them till gal. And I don't have a separate closet anymore XD I live for blogs, adding to my magazine collection and finding "new" stuff for my co*des. So I'm very happy that gal has become a part of you. I would also like to get a gal kind of tattoo.
    Also what kind of tanners do you use? I might be looking into those now since I work from home ;_;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yesss that’s the goal!! your closet is to die for honestly you always find the cutest stuff! ;-; and omg yes i loveee gal tattoos!

      i use Dove visible glow self tan lotion atm! i want to get a shade deeper next time i pick it up though, since we’re completely stuck inside i haven’t tanned at all this year where as usually id still have a little tan from summer ;-;

      Delete
  3. Ok so first of all- love this post!
    This is super cool to read and I love and relate so much to everything! I want to comment first on the first part then I'll comment on the second part of the post^^
    So first of all, What you said about feeling a gal when you take off your makeup- THIS.
    THIS more then anything else, ever.
    This is the thing that I feel like ppl would not understand anymore (and I don't care if someone screen shot this and post is on u know where ww). People treat gal as an aesthetic which is ok until they start claiming this is what gal is about and try to cancel and discharge any other thing claiming "we have no life" or "we're trying too hard"
    This isn't hard, That's just who we are and we have fun:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. As for the second part and I'm sorry for super long commentsT_T

    I'm so happy to hear that gal gave you back "yourself" kinda, You an finally be you and never apologize of hide it! This is the true gal life and I love to read this so much!
    You're one of my favorite gals tbh, I feel that vibe from you that I just LOVE and I wish we can meet one day cause I just know we'll have such a good time!!!
    I'll keep watching and admiring your gal journey<3333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. georgieeeeee T_T you’re too sweet stop i’ll cry

      these comments mean the world to me thank you!! 100% agree with you, putting in the extra effort and being the best gals we can be is what makes it fun!! if you really adore gyaru, it just becomes part of you

      Thank you for always encouraging me and making me feel so welcomed, you have such a strong and warm charismatic energy i hope we can meet up one day too!! you’re the best and i’ll keep admiring you right back <33333

      Delete
  5. omg the poser part like YESS...dressing up at home feels like a costume, like hell nah I wanna wear that shit outside as soon as possible...xDD

    ReplyDelete

special co*de planning ✨

  i’ll still be posting the makeup post soon but for now i need help with my co*de for the christmas meet up with the gals!!! since it’s fes...